Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Well it had to happen...

...sooner or later...

I've been keepin' the wolves from the door for years...

Yesterday it came to an end.

Now I've meant to post a lot of stuff this last month. I've taken tons of pictures, done a lot of work and it all came to naught yesterday.
I got my five day notice. I'm moving out.
This isn't going to be easy on many levels.
I owe people work, not just a little bit either.

So here's the plan...

I'm moving to "my Alamo." My last stand. The place I always held in reserve for when things got more than unmanageable.
The Alamo is located in Kennedy Meadows.
There is no phone, no electricity, no running water. It's my shack located pretty deep in the southern Sierra on the Kern Plateau. Yep...golden trout water. and plenty of it.

Now this is just about the absolute worst time of year to move deep into the sierra. I mean really...middle of sierra winter and talking about moving things such as a 500 pound lathe, ya know, to a shed you can't get close to with a truck and trailer.

So the plan is simply to store the shop here in AZ, move it in the spring (if I survive) and try and stay warm and alive until then. It's not going to be easy, it's not going to be fun, but I'll finally be out of AZ and I'll finally be back in trees, water, and fish.

There is going to be a holy shitload of work to do and just getting there seems insurmountable at the moment, but it will happen.

So I temporarily bid you adieu (SP? LOL)...I probably won't be able to post a damn thing until I can afford and arrange phone service (not an easy feat in this place) but pictures will be forthcoming at some time in the future.

Until then I wish all of you a Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays/whatever, and love and peace through the new year.
I'll update when I can and possible.

To my faithful customers...
Thank you...each and everyone of you.
To my new friends and brothers in AZ...an open invitation and a wish for peace, happiness and prosperity...
To the brothers I've been lucky to help here in AZ...I am always at your beckoned call.

Love to you all until I can do what I's gots to do!

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment