Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2011

jus' an update and stuff that makes me laugh

OK...yesterday I expected a brother to show up and bid me farewell...he didn't. Also, the insurance adjuster/estimator guy came out to finally assess the damage. It was also the first time my landlord dared show her face. I was pissed. She obviously really doesn't care about the quality of life of me and fellow tenants. You folks in the customer service industry please take note. A problem customer doesn't just 'go away.' They get angrier if you ignore them and a small problem turns into larger problems.

So anyway...I had an uncomfortable meeting with my landlord. I won't go into it here but the matter was settled. I'm out, the building is, this morning, getting a patch job and my dog Bonnie (what I was really writing about) is quite disappointed in me. Not in the upcoming move, not in my 'handling' of my landlord, but in my choice of dog food.
Now my dog lets me know what's what. Even though I try and get her good food, she has her preferences. I always try and be tuned to her preference but sometimes you just screw up you know?

Now Bonnie doesn't know or trust a lot of folks. It's not really a bad on her part, it's just that it's hard for a Border Collie to grow up in these cramped conditions and circumstances. Border Collies don't make good pets for the most part. Their work ethic is very strong and will turn ANY game into a job. I like these dogs because they work all day every day for the most part, as do I (kinda.) I can relate quite well to them. That's why she's my third BC.

Bonnie's not a 'chow hound.' She doesn't stick her head in a bowl and not stop eating until it's gone. She nibbles through the day. I like that about her. 3 handfuls of  'Kibble & Snouts' will last her all day. It's really quite wonderful.

So anyway...sheesh...(I digress) one of my two neighbors (who I'll call Dianna) always gives Bonnie treats when she sees her. Sometimes these treats are canine gastronomical delights. Sometimes they (apparently) are not. When Bonnie gets something she thinks is yummy, she will sit, lay down without the slightest coaching. She learned to sit and lay her first day in the shop. She will do either at the slightest provocation IF she knows there is some food (something tasty preferrably) in your hand . You would think her quite well trained....but I assure you...

When Dianna gives her a treat she likes, she will do anything you ask. IF you tried the same thing with a crusty, dry, milk bone dog biscuit (you know what I mean) YOU'LL be the one begging her to take it. She hates them. She hates ANYTHING that looks or smells like them.
She will eventually take it gingerly from your hand but she won't eat it. She will simply take it and bury it...immediately...right now...and come back for something better. Right now, there is half a bisquit she buried under a railroad tie out front over six months ago. She can't walk past it with pulling me over and re-burying it. Cracks me up.

SO...I bought her some food. The place I always bought her food went out of biddness and I had to try and find the equivalent diatarally (SP?). I got a brand named "Diamond" which is supposedly a quality dog food.
She hates it...

Have you ever watched a dog bury a 40 lb bag of food?
See below...
 Going...
 Going...
 Gone...
Done. Don't feed me anymore of this crap...

No comments:

Post a Comment