Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Stuff and more stuff...

Well...
When last we left off...I was hoping that the brother would come pick up the mini-lathes and tools before I left.
That happened yesterday and it was good to see him one last time before I leave. One day he may show up at my door a State away and catch a boat load of little Golden's, but for now I have to expect I might never see him in my lifetime. Crap goes that way sometimes eh? If I ever see him again, it will only be a bonus for me. I loves the brother.

Today, a bench and numerous power tools are being loaded onto the truck.
Drill press, Tormek, disk sander, sewing machine, attachments for all these tools, etc. I hope to make at least two runs to the shed to drop stuff off but I don't know how that is going to play out.

After those loads are dropped off, I'll hook up the trailer again and pack the stuff around the propane tank, fill the back of the truck and get ready to make the first load up the mountain tomorrow morning. Stuff going tomorrow will be stuff that has to be there before we are. Toilet paper, etc ya know? It will also be the first time I've seen the place in almost ten years.
I really don't know what I will be in for until then. At best...it's quite an adventure.

I called my propane dealer gyrl, Janine, yesterday and asked about if they got my app and was everything OK. It wasn't.
No where on their credit app did they ask for my social. She told me I didn't exist. I gave her my social and in about five seconds she told me all deliveries to me would be COD.
I'm quite sure she thought this would be derogatory as I detected a slight smirk over the phone.
In fact it is exactly what I wanted.
There will be no routine propane delivery to the cabin unless I call and pay for what they deliver. That's just fooking perfect! NO monthly bill, propane when I want and need it. Perfect! I mean...just fooking PERFECT!

So I'm off to the dump (storage unit) and then I'll be gone for a couple days. Seven hours up, seven hours back and a little time to smell wood smoke in between...again...fooking perfect...

No comments:

Post a Comment