Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Water and stuff made from it...

OK..still moving forward with stuff.
Yesterday, I went to the PO and got a "change of address/forward my mail please" forms.

This morning I filled it out.
When I opened the thing, coupons galor poured out.
Among those was a coupon to have water delivered to your door. I don't and won't have a well for sometime so I gave it a call. I mean, hell, it might beat driving to the river and filling up water bottles ya know?

So I called the number and got a number for the local guy who delivers.

It turns out the number and "company" is the same as the Indian Wells Brewing Company.

Now when I was a kid, Indian Wells was mostly just a truck stop on hwy 14/395 that was NEVER open. EVER!
Some time back (15-20 or so years ago) someone opened a brewery there. I mean afterall, how many places in the desert have a constant source of water? Damn few.

So I am waiting for a call back to see if they are willing to drive up the hill and bring me clean water.
In the meantime...the wheels spin...if they will deliver water, maybe they would deliver other refreshments?

I mean...bring me 15 gallons of bottled water and two cases of your best bock per week...ya know?

These and hopefully other questions will soon be answered...I hope.

You can read some sort of review here...I want some.  Amnesia IPA, Mojave Red...Lobotomy Bock (10.8%)!
Other reviews were not so kind. Go fish. Imagine a place in the middle of the high desert that dares to make and sell varieties of beers, AND a place to sit down and have a steak and someone would complain about that.
This is what is wrong with Amerika.
Most floks (mispelling intened) just don't get how hard it is to actually get by in the middle of the desert...I'm telling you. We are a spoiled people.

I would simply love to provide some support for a brewery in the desert. It would be much like what I'm living here in AZ. Providing a craft in a place with no water or fish could be considered an abomination, a boil on humanities ass, getting what one deserves, etc... Like making trout bamboo flyrods in the middle of the desert, these guys have the guts to open a micro-brew. I gotta admire them for that. I'll try and support them if I can. How stupid can you be? Making flyrods in the middle of the desert? Making crafted beer in the middle of the desert?
If they bring it...I will drink it...otherwise, I'll just get some when I can.



I like the idea of my beer and water bill being one and the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment