Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2012

water, gas, phone.

Well, I'm elated and depressed. Does that make me manic/depressive? I'm not sure. Quite possibly.

Yesterday I got some long distance stuff accomplished.

First off...I reached a brother who kindly bought my mini-lathes and tools and put some cash in my pocket. He didn't show up for two appointments to pick it up. No big, but now I'm worrying he won't get here before I have to be out. I called him, let him know that either he comes and gets them soon or they get stuck in storage with me seven hours drive and $350 bucks in fuel from there to get him what he rightfully owns. Makes me worry a bit. I tried to express this to him. I don't know if it got through. If he's a smart as I know he is...he'll show up soon.

Second...I gave the go ahead to Ducor Telephone to install the phone line. Had a wonderful (as always) conversation with Melany (the customer service girl) and am getting hooked up. I like Melany. She sounds like she is on a constant caffiene high and can't wait to do something...anything. I also called Bill (the lone employee who works for Ducor and is in KM) and asked if he had word on when it could happen. Bill told me that there is currently 4" of snow on the ground and don't hold my breath. I asked if he thought it could be installed by the first of March. He sounded relieved and said he would get on it when he could. I told him that I probably wouldn't be there when he hooked it up and if he would please install it the best I could describe. Gave me a positive answer. I always get positive answers from folks employed by Ducor. Really a quite wonderful company to do biddness with so far.

Third...the last post had me elated that a water company might deliver water AND beer to my door step.
That fell through...pisser. No, really. They did recommend Sparkletts.
I called Sparkletts Water and let them make friends.
They will deliver 60 gallons of water to my porch for 75 bucks a month. Now that is still some pricey water ($1.25 a gallon) but there is going to be 30 gallons of water sitting on my porch on March 2 with a dispenser. I will be a big customer as far as they are concerned. 12-5 gallon bottles a month delivered every two weeks. A base price changeable due to requirements on my end without changing per bottle price.
I gave the customer service rep every chance to back out including calling or emailing me if the local guy doesn't want to drive up that ungodly grade to deliver water. She sounded quite positive as well.
A day later, no call or email so I'm thinking I'm good to go without having to drive to the river to fill water bottles I don't have.
I tried to explain that my zip code was based on a small town 25 mountain miles away plus and additional 25 desert miles, gave them the name of the "community" and asked them to be certain, make sure. She went through all the data base for that zip code and assured me that the water will be there. We'll see. Also since the weather report yesterday indicated the the high temp was 19 degrees (with a 47 mph wind and 83% humidity making the temp feel like -3F), hopefully I won't have 30 gallons of water frozen solid waiting for me...we'll see about that as well.

Fourth...I sent in my "credit" app for propane. Not happy about doing that, not that my credit is horrible. I just hate making aggreements like the one I had to sign. Not much was working in my favor in that aggreement but they are the only game in town and I need the fuel.

I am considering making a trip up quite soon. I need to see what shape the cabin is actually in, drop off my 'new' propane tank and get ready for the propane guy to drive up and fill the tank ( $270.00 ) and run a system check, fill the tank (at a slightly discounted rate) so when I get there I can light a couple of pilots and lamps and make soup for dinner, coffee for the morning and not eat in the dark. Then beat it back to Congress and continue moving on with getting the fuck out.

Still...the most important thing for me right now is to get my gotam truck fixed. I gotta come up with a chunk of change for that to happen...I'm stymied and yet have no choice. I need my truck to make this move and I need 500 bucks more than I have and even after getting the truck fixed I will still need dollars to buy fuel. I might well be camping in the middle of the sonoran desert for a while until I can manage this but all the critters here are not going to be able to deal with this. I NEED to make the move happen and it has to happen now.

So...this is the latest update...still wordy as all hell, but I'm not Hemingway and I can't spend a month trying to come up with a four word sentence that conveys all this crap ya know?

Maybe I can...let's see.."I'm broke, I'm fucked." That sums it up pretty much in four words. Yes, two of the words are contractions so I 'spose that might be considered six words...I don't know. I shoud spend another week and see if I can get that down to a true four word sentence.
Oh wait I can!
Me broke, me fucked.

No comments:

Post a Comment