Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Rod Bag Tuesday


It was time to finish out a rod bag today for a rod going to a brother in New York.

I make a few rod bags at a time and leave them unfinished. This way I always have a bag or two on hand when I need one.
All I have to do is measure the finished length I would like and sew the bottom, turn it rightside out and stitch the partions. Takes about 5 minutes not counting the time to set up the machine, dig out the iron and press the bag. Hell, it takes me 10 minutes to find and dig the sewing machine out and another 10 minutes to wipe the dust off it.


This bag is for a "Payne 100", a 7'6" for a 4wt.


Along with this bag I finished one out for a "Dickerson 8013" an 8'0" 5wt and got another bag ready for yet another 100. I'll wait on that bag until the blank is finished out.

I'm about out of fabric again and I'll try and remember to pick up more if I ever get down to the big city.

Ran a few errands posted this dribble and it's pushing 95 inside. Time for a nap.

As a PS kind of thing...for some google reason, I am currently unable to post a reply to any comment...how rude.

2 comments:

  1. don't forget to glue a reel seat to that rod. it sure is purty. I should prolly get a tutorial on sewing that pretty piping trim you put on yer bags (not).

    as far as commenting - you may just need to restart yer pooter.

    anyways, I was out in the garage (yep, I'm "that guy" fucker) and the temp read 95 - hotter than the outside temp. eff that. it doesn't cool down until my birthday mang. sweat it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and what's with that prophalactic on the grip hunh? I thought you were better than that.

    ReplyDelete