Pages

Saturday, October 8, 2011

so, today...

Today I get on 3 new rods.
From left to right...an 8' 6" 3pc 7wt Payne Canadian Canoe...one of the smoothest casting rods, in a 7wt 3pc configuration, I have ever had the pleasure to cast, next is yet one more Payne 100 and I hope the last of the years 100's. I think this will be the 5th or 6th "100" I have made this year, and lastly on the right, an F.E. Thomas 7 footer for a three wt. Simply one of the finest 7 footers for a three weight you could ever hope to fish. Sweet and smooth as chocolate is the only way I can think of to describe this rod ans she will go to a girl in Michigan.

The very butt ends...these will be unceremoniusly chopped off as time goes on. Yes the CC has a bit of bend in it but it won't be there when I'm done...I hope...
That CC is almost 4" across the butt end. It is a piece of bamboo I was saving exactly for a rod like this. Deep power fibers, extremely hefty, simply perfect for a he-man's rod as the Canoe is.
The 100 is also a butt section, quite straight and solid for a 4 wt. The last one is straight as an arrow, more than adequate power fibers for a three weight and should make one sweet as chocolate rod.

1 comment:

  1. okay - I'll post a comment...I'm slowing down, working on one rod at a time. well two. a blonde 3 pc thomas 5wt is being soaked for rough planing. flamed cattanach 7ft 6in 4wt being nodefucked. anyways I'll rough and finish plane while the other rod soaks. I hope.

    that thomas taper remains my favorite rod to cast and fish. it's like butt-uh not chocolate. becky's a lucky gal. oh yeah that canadian canoe rod is gonna resemble a sailboat mast in the butt.

    ReplyDelete